Tired of turkey and not sure what to do with that left-over cranberry sauce? Don’t let the ingredients in this recipe scare you off, this is a very tasty meal. Give it a try and let us know if we let you down.
- 1 box rigatoni cooked per package directions
- 1 cup reserved pasta water (water you cooked your pasta in)
- 2 tbs butter or olive oil
- ½ lb bulk, sweet Italian sausage (You can use Jimmy Dean, but it won’t be the same.)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¾ cup whole cranberry sauce
- ¾ cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 1 ¼ lbs fresh kale, tough stems removed, chopped
- Black pepper (preferably freshly ground)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup Romano or Parmesan cheese
Heat butter/oil in a large deep pan over medium high heat. Add sausage and brown. Add onion and cook for 3 or 4 minutes or until onion slightly caramelizes. Add garlic and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until garlic is tender.
Add cranberry sauce and wine, stir until well combined. Add kale a handful at a time, stir and allow to wilt. Add some of the reserved pasta water (or chicken broth) if mixture appears dry. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
If your pan is large enough, add the pasta to the pan with the sausage mixture and stir. Top with cheese, mix and serve.
Adding extra cheese once plated is a delicious option.
Other recipes can be found here in our Lifestyle section.
* * * * *
If you like what you see on The Tentacle, click Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Parler. Remember to always share what you read. We can’t grow and continue to bring you community created information without your participation.
(The Tentacle invites the public to submit articles for posting. We are an equal opportunity platform. We will not edit your submission; however, we retain the right to reject any submission. All submissions must be no larger than 700 words. If you have something you’d like to say, send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org)