People tell me I make the best cheesecake. They think it must be difficult to make a great cheesecake…NOT! So, here’s a secret that is…well…no longer a secret! It’s a recipe I believe I got from the inside of a cream cheese box many years ago. It is so easy to make and the best tasting I’ve ever had! Try it and let us know what you think!
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (one sleeve from a box)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 packages (8 oz each) Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 container 16-oz sour cream
- 4 eggs
- In a round spring-form pan, or a 9×13 pan, mix graham crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Press onto bottom of pan.
- Beat the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla with a mixer until blended.
- Add 1 cup sour cream and mix in well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each just until blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes or until the center is almost set.
- Remove cheesecake from oven.
- In a bowl or its container, mix remaining sour cream, remaining sugar and remaining vanilla.
- Carefully spread over cheesecake.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on counter.
Refrigerate at least 3 hours, or best overnight.
* * * * *
If you like what you see on The Tentacle, click Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Parler. Remember to always share what you read. We can’t grow and continue to bring you community created information without your participation.