Here’s my version of Iced Coffee. Perfect on a hot, sunny day. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
- 4C Brewed Coffee, brewed to double strength
- 2/3C Light Cream (aka Coffee Cream)
- 1/3C Simple Syrup
- Brew coffee to double strength and set aside.
- Hand-Blend cream and simple syrup, using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Add hot coffee to the cream mixture, stirring the entire time.
- Serve in heat-proof glasses over ice.
- You can store in the refrigerator what you don’t pour over ice.
What is Simple Syrup? It is a liquid sweetener ideally suited for iced tea, iced coffee, and lemonade, to name a few. I always have a small bottle of simple syrup on hand because it is so easy to blend into cold beverages, where granulated sugar, I find, is not easily blended. (I save and reuse small glass necked-bottles.) Store your simple syrup in an airtight container or small bottle in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks.
Here’s the easy mix:
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
(Always equal parts sugar to water)
This happens quickly.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar has dissolved.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Allow to cool.
- Store tightly sealed in the refrigerator.
Try it, and let us know what you think!