Out of my tin of scribbled recipes comes one of my favorites, served as an entrée or used as stuffing for baked fish. Either way, it is indescribably delicious! Try it and let us know what you think!
- 1# Crab Meat
- 2T Flour
- 1t Dry Mustard
- Few Grains Red Pepper
- 1/2t Salt
- 2T Butter
- 2C Milk
- 2 Egg Yolks
- In a bowl, mix together flour, mustard, red pepper, salt. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a (medium sized) 3-quart pot or sauce pan.
- Add the dry ingredients and 1-1/2c milk to the pot of melted butter.
- Stirring, let come to a boil, lower heat and continue to cook 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks until light.
- Add 1/2c milk to the egg yolks.
- Stir this mixture into the sauce and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add the crab meat into the sauce.
- Mix thoroughly, gently.
- Serve in shallow bowls.