Here’s another one-bowl prep, mix, store, and serve recipe. Recently I got a taste for a refreshing fruit salad. My mother-in-law started out all her holiday meals with this, and to this day I enjoy her creation. It’s sweet and tasty with no added sugar required. So here it is for you to enjoy on a warm day begging for refreshment. Try it, and let us know what you think!
- 1 10-oz jar of Maraschino Cherries. Cut cherries in half. Reserve the liquid.
- 3 Bananas, sliced.
- 1 20-oz can Pineapple Chunks in its own juice. Reserve half the juice, drink the rest!
- 2 Apples cut into chunks (I leave skins on).
- 2 cups Seedless Grapes. Cut them in half.
- 4 Mandarin (or Clementine) Oranges (small seedless). Peel and separate the pieces.
- Add all ingredients to a big bowl with a tight cover. (My Rubbermaid bowl measures 12 cups.)
- Add the cherry liquid and pineapple juice.
- Cover tightly and gently roll the bowl on the counter and turn over to mix.
- Chill overnight in refrigerator.
- Serve. Makes about 9-10 cups.
If you like what you see on The Tentacle, click Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Remember to always share what you read. We can’t grow and continue to bring you community created information without your participation. Also follow us on Twitter @TheTentacle1.