Random Thoughts and Mindless Ramblings
* Does it make any sense to you that the Speaker of the House, Mike Busch, aggressively opposed slot machines, but embraces a sales tax on doctor visits, haircuts, and legal services?
* When does a local politician have to stop blaming their predecessor and accept full responsibility and accountability for the things that go on?
* President Bush depended on a CIA report linking Iraq, nuclear fissile material and Nigeria. The report was wrong, he shouldn't have used the reference, and it was a serious mistake.
* Does anyone really believe that Frederick County could implement a beverage tax while NONE of the surrounding jurisdictions have a similar levy?
* Believe it or not, the level of animosity between the Frederick County BOCC and the Frederick Mayor and Board of Aldermen is not as bad as the same relationship between the Washington County Commissioners and Hagerstown City officials.
* Is it fair for county taxpayers to foot the bill for the Shared Vision mural on the old FSK Hotel in downtown Frederick, while the city takes a pass due to their fiscal situation?
* Does an actor/bodybuilder/multi-millionaire possess the necessary intellectual and experiential tools to bring California back from the brink of financial ruin?
* Why is it that every politician I know, who complains about Roy Meachum's columns, reads it every single time?
* Why is it that many of Cable 10's Pressing Issues panelists appear to have no idea what they're talking about?
* I heard recently on MSNBC that Al Gore was thinking about entering the 2004 presidential race. One question: WHY???
* I personally enjoy listening to Al Sharpton. I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher, much less President of the United States. I'm drawn to him for the same reason I watch NASCAR, just waiting for the inevitable wreck!
* Am I the only person whose life in mid-September revolves around where I eat at the Great Frederick Fair?
* I love Brunswick! Folks who say that we drink, fight, and hate outsiders are just plain wrong. If you live in Montgomery County and criticize Brunswick, I'll put down my beer and punch you in the nose!
* Speaking of a good fight, how about Mayor Marty Burns of Thurmont versus Town Attorney Cliff Bridgford in a steel cage, Texas Chain Saw death match?
* Where have all of the hand-wringing knuckleheads gone who spent all last summer announcing the drought? On a related note, what do we do if we don't get the snows and rains next year?
* I stopped making fun of my wife for maintaining a hefty food storage supply after September 11, 2001. Now my government advises us to store a three-month supply of food and water. Way to go, Amy!
* Am I the only one salivating over the upcoming City of Frederick mayoral campaign. We may have to bring down the steel cage and chain saws from Thurmont! WHOO HOOO!
* How much is too much to spend to win a local and state election? Maybe donors should get a refund if their candidate fails to live up to expectations.