Advertise on the Tentacle


| Guest Columnist | Harry M. Covert | Hayden Duke | Jason Miller | Ken Kellar | Patricia A. Kelly | Edward Lulie III | Cindy A. Rose | Richard B. Weldon Jr. | Brooke Winn |


Advertise on the Tentacle

April 25, 2011

On Donald Trump

Michael Kurtianyk

I, for one, am eager to see Donald Trump run for president. He will be fodder for the nation’s comedians, and a great sporting match for the rest of us to watch.


Mr. Trump is an egotistical, power-hungry whackadoodle, who cannot be taken seriously. He is a sideshow to the circus already known as the presidential race – the Charlie Sheen of national politics right now. Consider some of these, his most outrageous statements:


On “The Apprentice:” “All of the women on “The Apprentice” flirted with me – consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected.”


On Libya: “Either I go in and take the oil, or I don’t go in at all.”


On himself: “Part of the beauty of me, is that I am very rich.”


On piracy: “These pirates – they’re nothing. Give me one admiral, and a few ships. I will wipe those pirates out so fast…one good admiral, as opposed to a bad admiral.”


On Muammar Gadhafi: “I dealt with Gadhafi. I rented him a piece of land. He paid me more for one night than the land was worth for the whole year, or two years, and then I didn’t let him use the land. I don’t want to use the word ‘screwed,’ but I screwed him.”


On the president’s birth certificate: “There’s something on that birth certificate that he [President Obama] doesn’t like.”


I will just take one example – Donald Trump posted a copy of his own birth certificate online. At least, it’s what he said was his birth certificate. Except that there was one problem: It turns out that the document Mr. Trump posted is not an official birth certificate. It is missing the official state seal and signature of the state registrar. It is, in fact, a certificate of birth, which is signed by a physician at the hospital when an infant is born.


Maybe he should say to his staff: “You’re fired!” for allowing that to happen.


In a recent poll conducted by Public Policy Polling, Mr. Trump has a nine-point lead over his nearest GOP rival, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. Mr. Trump does have the name recognition that his Republican opponents do not have. When one considers his time on television, the public rise and fall of his real estate dealings, then it stands to reason that Mr. Trump would have a strong initial bump.


On the birther question, here is what the poll showed:


“Only 38% of Republican primary voters say they're willing to support a candidate for president next year who firmly rejects the birther theory and those people want Mitt Romney to be their nominee next year. With the other 62% of Republicans – 23% of whom say they are only willing to vote for a birther and 39% of whom are not sure – Donald Trump is cleaning up. And, as a result, he’s ridden the controversy about Barack Obama's place of birth to the highest level of support we've found for anyone in our national GOP polling so far in 2011.”


That he is leading in the polls among the Republican nominees should scare common sense Americans.


I will let comedian Lewis Black have the last word here, on what Mr. Trump is good at:


“…putting a bow on a [piece of excrement], marking up the price, and selling it so hard, you want it, even though you know it’s just a [piece of excrement] with a bow on it. America is that [piece of excrement]. It’s time to let Donald Trump come in: put some gold leaf on the border and marble columns around Florida; throw up his name in big lights over the Midwest, and sell this whole place to the Chinese, before they realize it’s half-broken. This is what I’ve been waiting for my whole life – a president who's not afraid to tell the truth about being a lying a------.”


Yellow Cab
The Morning News Express with Bob Miller
The Covert Letter

Advertisers here do not necessarily agree or disagree with the opinions expressed by the individual columnist appearing on The Tentacle.

Each Article contained on this website is COPYRIGHTED by The Octopussm LLC. All rights reserved. No Part of this website and/or its contents may be reproduced or used in any form or by any means - graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, taping, or information storage and retrieval systems, without the expressed written permission of The Tentaclesm, and the individual authors. Pages may be printed for personal use, but may not be reproduced in any publication - electronic or printed - without the express written permission of The Tentaclesm; and the individual authors.

Site Developed & Hosted by The JaBITCo Group, Inc. For questions on site navigation or links please contact Webmaster.

The JaBITCo Group, Inc. is not responsible for any written articles or letters on this site.